Thursday, November 29, 2012

Update

So, my last post was all about how tired and weary I was feeling.  Four young kids, a toddler with night terrors and a baby who refuses to sleep through the night, and that's not really that surprising.  So, for awhile now, I've kept thinking it made sense -- of course I'm exhausted and tired and want to sleep for just one stretch of several hours without anyone needing me.  But, it was getting to be too much -- I was not only tired, but physically and emotionally weary all the time.  It can't be normal to feel this way.

So, I called my doctor again, wanted my thyroid checked and stuff like that.

The blood work came back.  I have some big challenges ahead of me to get me back to normal -- my thyroid function is fortunately fine.  But, I'm so severely anemic that I'm we're talking about such options as IVs/hospital visits to start to rebuild some iron stores.  There's also several other levels that are so drastically low that my doctor commented she was shocked I was able to put one foot in front of the other, let alone care for four young kids.

So, I'm kind of just reeling right now.  I'm not happy with my doctor and how she's handled things (i.e., I've been anemic in the past, and called several times in the last couple months asking questions about thyroid issues, since I was so run down and losing piles of hair still, and not only did she never have me come in, she wasn't even returning my calls.)  I feel kinda stupid I didn't push things more, when I knew on one level that something was wrong, but you just have to understand how tired I am.  Pushing someone wasn't even a possibility in my mind.  So, I'm taking my lab results and seeing a new doctor.

On one hand I'm hopeful that now that we've identified the problem (or several of them), we can start to rebuild me from the ground up and maybe there's a possibility I won't forever be a zombie in my own life.  Wish me luck.  The other part of me is just sad and scared that I'm having a health crisis I've ignored for too long.  I'm afraid of the long road, and I wonder how long it'll be 'til I start to feel better and like myself again.  Prayers, please.  :-)

7 comments:

  1. Oh, no. I'm so sorry! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely in my prayers!! Hang in there! I hope your body continues to get more energy. You are amazing to handle 4 kids with such a low-level of energy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I'm glad you figured out what was REALLY causing it (well, in addition to being a mother of four YOUNG kids). I will keep you in my prayers! -MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracious - well, I am glad you finally have some answers & hopefully you can find a great new doc who listens, responds, calls back & more. I sure wish I lived closer so I could help but you will be in my prayers & I'll add your name to the prayer roll here. Love ya !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you HX! I can relate. I suffer from anemia as well and I just found out I hypoglycemic. Ugh!! I fee for you:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously. How are you even standing? Just goes to show how much we can handle when we need to. I hope that you can now heal your weary body and have more energy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you . . .